Where’s My Refund? is available almost all of the time. However, our system is not available every Monday, early, from 12 a.m. (Midnight) to 3 a.m. Eastern Time. IRS Refund Trace feature is not available during the following times (Eastern Time):
- Sunday: 12 a.m. (Midnight) to 7 p.m.
- Monday: 12 a.m. (Midnight) to 6 a.m.
- Tuesday: 3:30 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- Wednesday: 3:30 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- Thursday: 3:30 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.
- Friday: 3:30 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- Saturday: 3:30 a.m. to 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. to Midnight
- Also, occasionally our system may be unavailable on Sundays between 1 a.m. and 7 a.m. Eastern Time.
The IRS2Go mobile app
You can access the Where’s My Refund? from your laptop or desktop computer, or you can use IRS2Go if you prefer to use your mobile device. This app is available for free download on iTunes, Google Play and Amazon. You can use it to:
- Check the status of your refund
- Make a payment if you owe tax
- Get free tax advice
- Retrieve security codes for certain online services provided by the IRS
How to Check on Your State Tax Refund
Each state uses a slightly different system for taxpayers to check the status of their tax refund. Looking for information on your state tax refund? Visit our Where Is My State Tax Refund? page or start your search here: